Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
1 large loaf of French Bread, ripped into large chunks
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Pazazz apples, cut into small chunks
pinch of salt
dairy free cream cheese (about 4oz)
1. Spray 9×13 baking pan with olive oil or your choice of nonstick.
2. Place chunks of French Bread in pan.
3. In large mixing bowl add eggs and whisk.
4. Add melted butter, nutmeg, almond milk, cinnamon, salt and apples.
5. Stir to combine.
6. Pour mixture evenly over the French Bread.
7. Allow to sit overnight.
8. Add little chunks of cream cheese on top before putting in the oven.
9. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve with real maple syrup, if desired.
By Erin Jensen, The Wooden Skillet